W123 Mercedes Benz 300D Tachometer

This procedure will be performed on a 1982 Mercedes 300D w123. Tachometer on this car is not working. While there are a lot of other components that might cause this I am going to try something that is simple and we might get lucky .

There is a junction connection located on the left side of engine bay, right by the fender. Usually this connection becomes lose and does not make good contact.

Unscrew the cap.

Remove the connector from inside the cap, just pull it out.

Now, we need some kind of spacer between the cap and the plug inside. It can be done with almost anything,paper,cardboard, foam. In my case i used a piece of hard foam 2-3mm thick.

Put the spacer inside the cap and push the connector in.

Screw the connector in place. There we go,it’s working. I hope you get lucky too.

Comments (11)

 

  1. Cigars says:

    There’s moreover reports that Mercedes Benz is focusing on a crossbreed M-Class that will function on both electric energy and diesel. A cross petrol version is presently anticipated to roll out previous to the end of this calendar year.

  2. Top Gear Streaming says:

    Me & my fellow classmates use your blogs as our reference materials. We look out for more interesting articles from your end about the same topic . Even the future updates about this topic would be of great help.

  3. Top Gear Streaming says:

    Hey, this blog is really happening! It took me quite a while to read through all the comments. I appreciate the idea of tweeting the post so that more readers find it!

  4. andy says:

    Thanks for the tips.It did work for my 1982 MB 300TD. Any Ideas for oil leak?

  5. […] a diagnose plug and a signal booster/tach amplifyer, you can see how that looks from this site: W123 Mercedes Benz 300D Tachometer repair | Car Instructions The tach amplifier is often […]

  6. TachGauges says:

    Nice tip. Add it to the collection of very nice tips.

  7. Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very difficult to get that “perfect balance” between superb usability and visual appeal. I must say you have done a amazing job with this. Additionally, the blog loads very fast for me on Safari. Superb Blog!

  8. Russ says:

    Holy crap! That was way to easy of a fix! Thanks for the write up!

  9. Leon says:

    Thank you. I did not know it was such and easy fix. I thought I may have to remove the dash or deal with the tach amp. On my car, I just sprayed contact cleaner on both the male and female connectors because the screw in cover won’t separate from plug

  10. George says:

    Holy Sh!t…it worked! I’ve been going without the tach for 6 months and dreaded having to take the dash apart. Thanks for the quick fix.

  11. Tom says:

    Just tried this on my ’83 300D – took 2 quarters and works like a charm!

Leave a Reply